Duration: 1 day
Course code: SS-ARC-201
This course is for:
Attendees must have exposure to software development. Experience with modeling (for example UML) is beneficial.
The ArchiMate training course provides an in-depth view into ArchiMate.
ArchiMate emerged as one of the most comprehensive approaches for description of Enterprise Architectures, consisting of principles, methods and models used in the design and realization of organizational structure, business processes, information systems, and infrastructure. In this course, you will learn how to describe these aspects of architectures for enterprise and express them in ArchiMate. The course also covers best practices of modeling Enterprise Architecture and provides practical guidance on how to make the enterprise modeling more effective.
Upon completion of the ArchiMate training course, attendees will be able to:
- Describe key elements of Enterprise Architecture
- Use ArchiMate to capture layers of Enterprise Architecture
- Identify and create views for enterprise models
- Apply best practices of enterprise modeling
Outline for ArchiMate Training Course
- What is Enterprise Architecture?
- Process and Drivers
- Describing Architectures
- IEEE 1471
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Enterprise Architecture Language
- Modeling Structure
- Modeling Behavior
- Layers of Enterprise Models
- Business Layer
- Application Layer
- Technical Infrastructure Layer
- Relationships in Enterprise Architecture
- Modeling Guidelines
Viewpoints and Views
- Presenting Architecture
- The Impact of IEEE 1471
- Classifying Viewpoints
- Design Viewpoints
- Catalog of Design Viewpoints
- Layered Viewpoints
Creating Good Enterprise Models
- Modeling Process
- Modeling Activities
- What to Model?
- Modeling and Abstraction
- Dealing with Complexity
- Structuring Models