Duration: 4 days
Course code: SS-JEE-092
The JSP Standard Tag Library JSTL for Java Developers training course is designed for Java developers who already have some experience with JSP but no experience with custom tags.
Audience is expected to know HTML, Java, and JSP.
The JSP Standard Tag Library JSTL for Java Developers training course provides an in-depth coverage of the Java Standard Tag Library.
Java Standard Tag Library (JSTL) consists of several JSP custom tag libraries that encapsulate, as simple tags, core functionality common to many JSP applications. The standardization lets you learn a single tag and use it on multiple JSP containers.
JSTL provides support for core iteration and control-flow features, text inclusion, internationalization-capable formatting tags, and XML-manipulation tags. It also supports an expression language to simplify page development.
The JSP Standard Tag Library JSTL for Java Developers training course is designed for Java developers who already know JSP but have no or little experience in using or developing JSP custom tags. The course will first introduce JSP custom tags and then moves on to cover all the JSTL tags. It will also cover how to use the JSTL API to write your own custom tags.
The JSP Standard Tag Library JSTL for Java Developers training course is highly hands-on. %60 of the time will be spent on labs.
Upon completing the course, the students will be able to:
- Understand how JSP custom tags work
- Develop your own custom tags
- Install JSTL and make it available to JSP pages
- Use JSTL Core tag library to control the flow of web applications
- Use JSTL tag libraries to present dynamic contents
- Use JSTL XML tag library to process XML files
- Use JSTL tags to internationalize and localize numbers, currencies, dates, and text messages
- Use JSTL API to write your own custom tags
Outline for JSP Standard Tag Library JSTL for Java Developers Training Course
JSP Custom Tags
- How does a JSP custom tag work?
- Tag Library Description (TLD) file
- Tag handlers
- Life cycles of tag handlers
- Defining new scripting variables
- Custom tags with attributes
- Body tag and iteration
JSTL Core Tag Library
- Overview of JSTL
- Overview of JSTL Core tag library
- The JSTL Expression Language
- Working with Scopes
- Controlling flows with conditions
- Controlling flows with loops
- Importing text
- Redirecting requests
JSTL XML Tag Library
- Introduction to XPath and XSLT
- Importing and Parsing XML documents
- Accessing XML document elements
- Controlling flows based on XML documents
- Transforming XML with JSTL
JSTL Formatting Tag Library
- Overview of internationalization and localization
- Reading and printing numbers
- Reading and printing currencies
- Reading and printing dates
- Internationalizing text messages
JSTL Database Tag Library
- JSP to database: to do or not to do
- Setting datasource
- Executing queries
- Accessing query results
- Updating database
- Managing transactions
Using JSTL API
- Overview of JSTL for Java Developers
- Using JSTL API to write conditional tags
- Using JSTL API to write iteration tags