Duration: 3 days
Course code: SS-JEE-091
The JSP Standard Tag Library JSTL for Web Designers training course is designed mainly for Web designers who have HTML but not Java experience. Architects can also benefit from this course.
- Web designers
Audience is expected to know HTML. Experience with Java and XML is not required but will be helpful.
The JSP Standard Tag Library JSTL for Web Designers training course covers the Java Standard Tag Library in-depth.
Java Standard Tag Library (JSTL) consists of several JSP custom tag libraries that encapsulate, as simple tags, core functionality common to many JSP applications. The standardization lets you learn a single tag and use it on multiple JSP containers.
JSTL provides support for core iteration and control-flow features, text inclusion, internationalization-capable formatting tags, and XML-manipulation tags. It also supports an expression language to simplify page development.
The JSP Standard Tag Library JSTL for Web Designers training course is designed for Web designers who have no or little Java experience. It first gives students an overview of JSP and XML from a web designer's perspective and then moves on to cover all the JSTL tags. Numerous examples are used to illustrate the usage of the tags. This course is highly hands-on. %60 of the time will be spent on labs.
Upon completing the course, the students will be able to:
- Install JSTL and make it available to JSP pages
- Use JSTL Core tag library to control the flow of web applications
- Use JSTL tag libraries to present dynamic contents
- Use JSTL XML tag library to process XML files
- Use JSTL tags to internationalize and localize numbers, currencies, dates, and text messages
Outline for JSP Standard Tag Library JSTL Training for Web Designers Course
- How does JSP work?
- Introduction to XML
- JSP and XML
- Overview of JSP Customer Tags
- Overview of JSP Standard Tag Libraries
JSTL Core Tag Library
- Overview of JSTL Core tag library
- The JSTL Expression Language
- Working with Scopes
- Controlling flows with conditions
- Controlling flows with loops
- Importing text
- Redirecting requests
JSTL XML Tag Library
- Introduction to XPath and XSLT
- Importing and Parsing XML documents
- Accessing XML document elements
- Controlling flows based on XML documents
- Transforming XML with JSTL
JSTL Formatting Tag Library
- Overview of internationalization and localization
- Reading and printing numbers
- Reading and printing currencies
- Reading and printing dates
- Internationalizing text messages
JSTL Database Tag Library
- JSP to database: to do or not to do
- Setting datasource
- Executing queries
- Accessing query results
- Updating database
- Managing transactions